Video Editor Job Description
Video editors handle the post-production phase of creating videos or films. They bring together raw footage and media and edit these to form videos that are fully ready for viewing.
This work can be laborious, as it involves selecting and organizing footage, sourcing additional media such as music, performing color grading and cleaning up audio, and working to meet brisk deadlines.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assemble and Edit Footage - The successful candidate will be able to transform raw video footage into a finished product. With the storyline in mind, you should have the ability to choose what footage to keep and assemble it into a fluid sequence, varying the camera angles and trimming as necessary. You will also perform colour grading to enhance video quality.
• Gather Assets - Successful applicant will have to source additional assets for the video, such as audio and visual effects. They may assist with the recording of voiceovers, collaborate with production dept to create sound effects, or research appropriate music tracks, ultimately integrating these into specific video content
• Create Graphics - Should be able to create transitional elements, text and subtitles, animations, or motion graphics.
• Export Videos - Successful applicant will be well versed in exporting finished video for distribution that will appeal to a wide range of audiences, whilst taking into account different kinds of platforms. You should be able to encode videos in several specifications and formats and in addition assist with documentation and archiving by logging metadata and compressing videos for storage.
• Creativity - Well-rounded creatives with a good grasp of storytelling, photography and videography, and design. Technical expertise to use video and design software with ease
• Work well in high-pressure environments
• Eye for appealing visuals
• Collaboration – ability to collaborate with several members of the team, as well as external stakeholders, so good communication skills and openness to criticism are essential
• Time management – must be able to concentrate for long periods of time and handle multiple projects simultaneously
• Familiarity with special affects, 3D etc
• Solid experience with digital technology and editing software packages (e.g. Avid Media Composer, Lightworks, Premiere, After Effects and Final Cut)
• Bachelor’s degree in multimedia arts, film studies, or a related field.
• A demo reel or a substantial portfolio of past projects,
• Minimum one year of experience
Application Closing Date
14th August, 2020.
How to apply:
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter, detailing why they are
ideal for the role, along with current CV and portfolio of work done to:
email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.