Demi Lovato was rushed to a hospital in Los Angeles after reportedly suffering what appears to be drug overdose. Paramedics found the singer unconscious when they arrived at her home and administered Narcan, an emergency treatment for narcotic overdoses. She was celebrating a friend’s birthday in West Hollywood on Monday night, and posted photos on her private Instagram, looking happy in the pics.
Lovato is reportedly stable, alert and breathing after an apparent drug overdose, according to NBC. According to Law enforcement officials the 25-year-old singer was transported from her Hollywood Hills home to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center around noon on Tuesday, the 24th of July 24 and is being treated.
Demi has battled substance abuse for years. She released a track titled Sober last month in which she revealed that she relapsed after six years of being sober. “Mama, I’m so sorry I’m not sober anymore / And daddy please forgive me for the drinks spilled on the floor”, but I’m only human,” She sings.
In 2011, she entered a facility, where she was treated for bipolar disorder, bulimia, self-harm, and addiction.